Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Genesis Chapter 5 Notes

Genesis chapter 5 is just a breakdown of Adam's family tree. In this commentary I will not go into major details of Adam's family tree. Instead, I will provide you with an picture of what Adam's family tree looks like like I did with Cain's family tree. Nevertheless, there is one person that I am interested in talking about in this commentary and that person is Enoch. Enoch is Jared's son and a descendant of Adam. The Bible says that Enoch walked with God after he had his child Methuselah. Enoch pleased God so much that God did not want him to get corrupted by the sin of the world and decided to take him home 365 years old. I don't believe that it is an coincidence that God took Enoch home at 365 years old and there are 365 days per year. 133, 225 days Enoch walked with God. The Bible does not specify how Enoch walked with God but it just says that he does. I am going to use my imagination. I personally believe that he pleased God by having faith in God because the Bible says it is impossible to please God without faith. You have to have faith in who God is and truly believe that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Not only do you have to know who God is but you have to know what God wants. You have to know the voice of God, hear it and respond to it in faith and obedience. I imagine that Enoch had faith in God and was obedient to what the Lord spoke to Him. I imagine that Enoch offered several sacrifices unto the Lord, spent time in worship and prayed to God. I imagine that Enoch taught his wife and children God's Word even though it wasn't written back then like it is today. The laws were not created. I imagine that Enoch lived a Holy and blameless life that pleased God. I imagine that Enoch trusted God through the hard times and the good time. I imagine that God used Enoch to prophecy His word. I imagine that Enoch's heart was right with God and he had a strong desire to please God. I'm sure that Enoch was a family man who took good care of his children and wife. I imagine that Enoch walked in love with every person that he came across. Enoch was the first person to be raptured because of his faithfulness and loyalty to God. Just hearing that Enoch walked with God motivates me! Enoch was the first person that the Bible said "walked with God". I too desire to "walk in God." So my prayer is for the Lord to teach me how to walk with God. It seems like now it would be easier to "walk with God" now than it was in Enoch's days. The reason I say that is because God has given us the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit can teach us how to walk with God.  My prayer for you reading this post is that God would show you how to walk with God in the way He desires you to walk with Him. God bless all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment