Friday, September 13, 2013

Genesis Chapter 7 Notes

After Noah was obedient to God and did what the Lord instructed him to do, the Lord gave Noah more specific instructions. The Lord instructed him to to take his family (wife, sons and their wives), 7 pairs of every type of animals (male & female) that are clean, and one pair of the animals that are not clean (male and female) and go into the Boat because in 7 days I the Lord will flood the earth. It's not an coincidence that the Lord created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. In this passage of scripture the Lord was destroying the thing he created and spoke highly of (the earth) in seven days because of the sinfulness, wickedness, of man. The flood will last 40 days and 40 nights.  Noah did everything that the Lord told him to do. Seven days after Noah did what the Lord told him to do, the Heaven opened up and rain fell upon the earth for 40 days and 40 nights destroying everything, all the animals, human beings. The water was about 20 feet deep and it covered the mountains. I imagine that if there were buildings they would all be covered in water. I feel that God was washing the sin off of the earth that mankind had created. Water has always been looked at as purity. Our bodies is made up of 70% of water and it is water that keeps us alive. However, in this passage of scripture water did not keep the people alive.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Noah was disobedient? If Noah would have been disobedient, then he, his family and all the animals would have died in the flood. Often times it is very crucial that we obey what God commands us to do. God is an all knowing God, an all seeing God, an omnipotent and omnipresent God. He see's all. So why not obey God when he tells us to do something? I remember one time when I was attending Baker College. My friend Melody and I were riding home from church. Then the Lord spoke to my Spirit and said Shawne pray. I saw a vision of my roommate getting in a car accident. So I began to pray out loud. The next thing I know this car came out of no where and nearly hit us. Afterwards, my friend drove into the gas station, got out the car to process what had just happened. While I was screaming the blood of Jesus and praise God. When she got back into car I told her that God heard my prayer and sent his angels to stop what the enemy was trying to do. The devil's purpose is to still, kill and destroy. The Bible says when the enemy comes in like a flood, God will raise a standard against him. So that day the devil wanted to kill me and my friend in an car accident. It was my obedience to pray to God that activated the protection in my life. So my point for sharing this is that it's very important to be obedient to what the Lord said do. Because Noah was obedient to the voice of God, his life, his family's life, and some selected animals lives were spared. I hope that this motivates and encourages you to be obedient to the voice of God. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Before you can obey God, you have to first read and study His Word and know His voice. You know His voice by developing that relationship with Jesus Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to enter into you. The more time you spend in prayer, worship, praise, meditating, reading, and studying God's Word the more you will get to know him and the easier it will become to be obedient.

Moving along, I know I got off track but the Lord put some things in my Spirit about obedience. The flood continued for 150 days. So after the storm was over, and the land dried up, that's when Noah, his family and the animals got out of the boat. One thing that God ministered to me about that is after the storm when you are in Christ you will always be alright. Noah, his family, and the animals were okay. Even though death came to everyone else around them God's favor and protection kept them. They were not in the storm simply because Noah pleased God. It's important for the man of the household to walk with God because it puts God's protection around that man's family and himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment